Basting Day

Have u ever had one of those days???........u sleep in late, the washing pile seems bigger than u remembered, u do the groceries and spend more than u planned and then when u get home they wont fit in the freezer or the pantry and then u totally rearrange ur furniture so u can spend the rest of the day basting.........and u get visitors!!!.......not just one set of people, but two!!! lol.........well that was my type of day today and it was great!!!
My first set of visitors were my MIL , her sister and her nephew, so i spent time explaining the finer points of basting with safety pins ( alas no volunteers for helping me lol). Then during their visit, my parents showed up (dads visit was a quickie before he went back to work). So the house was full and still no help for poor me, basting (im not a great fan of basting!!). Later on it was just mum and I, the kids popping in from time to time when they needed something. Mum sat, i basted and we had a lovely afternoon chatting, drinking coffee (me) and tea for mum and feasting on these lovely apple and sultana scrolls id brought from the bakery:
I did manage to baste the quilt (i decided on the "strolling the block" quilt top) and its all ready for machine quilting , which ill start tommorrow. Im going to call into the quilt shop in the morning and pick out some thread.....because im only attempting basic quilting i thought id try something different with the thread colours to make it interesting.........oh and i found a free motion foot, going to go buy that too tommorrow, so i can practice stippling....and then finally tonite i started stitching my 4th Threadbare Creations design.......this is the fun part, working out colour combinations and stitching!!!
Great family day for us!!!
Rose

3 comments

  1. Sounds like my kind of day. Oh-- to sit and have Tea with my Mom (she lives 1200 miles away). Thanks for stopping by my blog. I know if we were closer we'd definitely be friends... you love bird houses just like me... have a good day. Quilt some for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day you had with family and friends. Your stitcheries are beautiful, I love to hand stitch when I'm not at my machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey that still happens to YOu??? You baste and people watch...........lol
    Lurker

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊