House Medallion Part 2

There has been quite a bit of time between Part 1 and Part 2 of this design and not a lot of stitching done to the actual quilt lol but over the last few days ive been trying to get the top finished, so heres the next installment:

(And yes i know, i have only added 1 border since last time lol ) I sent a picture of it through to Anne last nite and we both agree that i should stop here. The original plan was for another border but there was the risk of losing the stitchery. Im planning on binding it with the green fabric, as for how im going to quilt it, i dont know!!! I would like to hand quilt it though!!!
Im really happy with it!!!! Its something a little different!!
My other new design is stitching up quite nicely, it is also something a little different!!! Just a cute, fun stitchery with a Xmas theme!!! It has made me realise that im in desperate need of some art lessons, so ive been looking at a few courses which i can take and i think i might join up to one that starts sometime next month. I also found some photography courses that look interesting that Id love to do!!!!

We have a busy weekend planned including a mother/daughter trip to the Theatre to see a local production of Gershwins "Girl Crazy" called "Crazy For U", should be fun!!!!

Take care and enjoy ur weekend!!!
Rose xxx

9 comments

  1. The new design is beautiful!! I agree, it is perfect the way it is. Hand quilting would only make it better! When can we see the Christmas one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way the new design came together, but I agree that any bigger and the stitchery would be dwarfed! When I finish all the other patterns, we'll have to add this one in. LOL! I'll become a Rose groupie! Look forward to seeing the Christmas design, too. You know you can't outstitch and outdesign the demand for your work, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Rose. I look forward to seeing your new Christmas design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is soo pretty! And hand quilting it sounds like a great idea - softer than machine! How about some "rays" from the stitchery, and a soft "swirrly" pattern in the hour glass border? just a thought... again...

    God helg!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your medallion quilt is so nice. I agree wih Anne, stop with this border. The colours and all matches so well. A new pattern for sale perhaps :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice, I love the stitchery and the borders/fabrics you have chosen. I would keep the the quilting simple not to overpower the beautiful stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! It's great the way it is. I purchased some coffee embroidery transfers on vacation and I think I'm going to make one and use it as a medallion quilt. Is your quilt going to become a pattern for sale? If so, sign me up for one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! It's great the way it is. I purchased some coffee embroidery transfers on vacation and I think I'm going to make one and use it as a medallion quilt. Is your quilt going to become a pattern for sale? If so, sign me up for one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Rose that has come up really well. Sometimes knowing when to stop is the hard bit. I think you've got it right tho.
    Have a lovely time at the show :-)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊