Gifts and Sashing!!

Couple of things to share tonite, firstly Beth sent me this gorgeous pincushion for the Stitchery Swap:

Australian Quarantine had it for quite some time and felt the need to pull some of it apart (Beth i really hope i put it back together the way u intended it to be).......i just love it, the scent is just divine. This was one of her first stitcheries and her stitches r just perfect and i just adore birds and this is such a welcome site when i enter my studio.........thank u, thank u soooooooo much i will always treasure this (my first swap item ever!!!)

I decided to be proactive this weekend and sash my SBS blocks (my hat off to Anne Ida who managed to sash the whole quilt in just a few days!!!):

I had a few problems but this quilt "to me" is a learning quilt......my skills have grown and i think this quilt will reflect that. I am always trying to push myself to develop my quilting and this is the one to do that......so yes maybe i could "redo" a few blocks to make them perfect or i could let them stay to remind me of how far i have come!!!! Either way, im loving it so far, enough to make me "whip" up more blocks tonite for the next row lol.

My first drawing class is tomorrow nite......im all ready as far as the pencils and art book etc etc but im really nervous!!! Im sure it wont be as disastrous as im imagining and hey maybe ill relax enough to actually "learn" something lol Ive deluded myself into thinking ill lose 2 hrs sewing time........i really clutch at straws for excuses lol

Take care and Happy stitching
Rose xxx

13 comments

  1. Your pin cushion from Beth is adorable! And way to go on the sashings!!! Your first six rows look fantastic! And the strong colours of the sashing fabric and the focus fabrics against the white makes it look very clean :o) Great work, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely pin cushion. Your SBS is so beautiful I love your color choices. I still have not finished Row B...hopefully this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable pin cushion! And, your SBS quilt is beautiful - way to go, Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is looking beautiful. Now I may sound really dumb, but what does SBS stand for anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the blocks. the pin cushion is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  6. This SBS of yours will turn out to be sooo nice. Now I realize the sense of finishing row by row! You are so clever with the colours, and I'm sure the tecnical is super as well...
    My SBS will be more scrappy and rough, since I would use fabric from my stash only. Well, it's fun that the quilts appear so different, don't you agree?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pincushion is adorable. I'm so glad it survived the journey to Australia. Your SBS quilt is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The SBS quilt looks fabulous -- nothing is ever "perfect"

    Australian quarantine actually opened the package and pulled the pin cushion apart??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your SBS is stunning, I have followed Anne Ida's for a while, you are both very clever.
    The stitchery is cute, I wonder whet quarantine worried about? Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovel quilt and cute pin cushion, even if it is pulled apart. I am sure you will be able to fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pin cushion is so cute! How did the drawing class go?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute pincushion! I love seeing the quilt coming together, too. Nice to see someone making progress on something! =) Did you send me an invoice, btw? I haven't gotten it. I checked khryskringle today, no invoices.

    How was the drawing class?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your SBS quilt is looking so pretty! I love to see the same quilt made with different fabrics. Very cute pincushion, too.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊