Chatelaine Free BOW Sampler Quilt- Block 24

This weeks block is the classic Log Cabin.  I had a request from the lovely Susie to include this block in our quilts and I was happy to oblige. This is one of the most loved and recognised quilt blocks and it made an appearance in America in the 1860's, during the Civil War. Traditionally one half of the block is made with dark fabrics and the other half with light fabrics, all surrounding the centre red square which symbolises the hearth of the home.
There is so much to love about this little block; its quick, its simple and its effective. The only thing better than a Log Cabin block is, well, four of them:
This week, for something a little fun, I'm giving you two options of the one block and you can chose which version you would like to include in your sampler quilt.
The free pattern comes with instructions for both blocks, so you can either chose the quick and easy block or if you feel up for a challenge, the four patch Log Cabin. Both blocks will finish at 6", so it all depends on which one you prefer.
Whichever variation you chose, this block will look lovely in our quilts and of course you can opt to do both and skip another block as we go along.......its all up to you :)
To download this weeks free block pattern, just visit HERE.
And remember, if you do have any requests for certain blocks you would like to see, let me know and I'm happy to include them.
Happy sewing :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊