Chatelaine- Free BOW Sampler Quilt Block 42

This weeks block is the super sweet Hovering Hawks. There are a few versions of this block and it is believed to symbolise foraging soldiers, from both sides, during the American Civil War. Hawks are renowned for their alertness and excellent eyesight, and they prey on small birds and rodents for their survival. During the war, soldiers were referred to as "spoonhawks" as they raided towns and plantations, searching for food and hidden/buried valuables.
Despite its history, it is a very pretty block and I really wanted to include this one in our quilts. I hope you love it as much as I do.
To download this weeks free block pattern, just visit HERE.
Happy sewing :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊