Chatelaine- Free BOW Sampler Quilt Block 59

This weeks gorgeous block is Grandma's Spool. Spool blocks are very popular and there are many variations, but this one is definitely my favorite. I love how the background defines the spool and makes it the main focus of the block. You can play around with colour placement on this one and see how the block changes.
Its a lovely quick and easy block to sew and I thought it would be the perfect block to end on for 2015. I am taking a little three week break from my Chatelaine Blocks, while I do all those last minute preparations for Christmas and spend time with my little family, as we wind down after a busy but fun year :)
I will resume sharing blocks for our Chatelaine quilts, again on January 6, 2016. Next year I'll also be sharing suggestions for the layout and border options, so we can finish our quilts.
To download this weeks free pattern, just visit HERE.
I will pop back in to the blog from time to time, during my break, because I have other things scheduled to share with you, including a new pattern and the start of my free 2016 calendar.
But until then, happy sewing :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊