Harmony Mini Quilt + Your Free March 2017 Calendar

Our days are becoming shorter and our weather is all over the place at the moment as our summer comes to an end. The changing of seasons is always beautiful and as the leaves turn golden and crisp, its time for us to welcome Autumn. Its also time for my new monthly mini quilt and your free March 2017 calendar.
This month I have a gorgeous mini quilt for you. Its was a beautiful quilt to design and to work on, so welcome to my pattern family, Harmony:
Harmony is a lovely paper pieced and pieced mini quilt and for this one I chose some stunning fabrics from my stash; lots of blues/purples and that gorgeous pop of meelon. The main fabric features pretty butterflies (my favorite) and the rest of the fabrics are from the same fabric range, so they contrast perfectly.
The centre block is paper pieced and is my version of the "Arrow of Peace" block. It is pieced in eight easy wedge units and the majority of pieces are large so it goes together quite quickly.  I do love the little arrow heads in the lighter wedges. They are a little fiddly to sew but they are definitely worth the effort.
I chose a simple border to frame the block. The flying geese units are pieced but those tiny wedges in the corners are paper pieced. I love how they bring some elegance to the border and add a little more interest to something quite simple.
I quilted my Harmony quilt with a small all over stipple design and I think it worked perfectly.
Harmony finishes at around 18" square so its a generous sized mini which would also be perfect as a table topper or cushion front.
If you would like to make your own Harmony mini quilt, from today until the end of March 2016, PDF patterns are available at the introductory price of $4.95(AU) in my Big Cartel shop HERE.
Or if you prefer and instant download they are also available in my Etsy shop, HERE.
I also have your free March 2017 calendat, featuring the gorgeous Harmony:

To download your free calendar, just visit HERE.
I hope you love my Harmony mini quilt as much as I do. How harmonious would our world be if the only thing being projected into our society was lots and lots of "arrows of peace". One can only hope I guess :)
Happy sewing :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊