Sundial Mini Quilt + Your Free November 2017 Calendar

Spring is definitely in full swing down under. The weather has been beautiful and we're spending lots of time outdoors, gardening, BBQing and resuming our nightly walks around the neighbourhood. After a long cold winter, its wonderful to feel the heat of the sun and to enjoy the time reconnecting with our surroundings.
Its also time for me to share my new monthly mini quilt pattern and your free November 2017 calendar. I'm so in love with this design and beyond thrilled to introduce the gorgeous Sundial to my pattern family:
Sundial is a fully paper pieced octagonal mini quilt pattern and its a beauty :) I've included three sizes in this PDF pattern (10", 12" & 14") so you can choose which size suits your needs best. I made the 14" mini because I needed a new quilt for my lamp table and this size fits perfectly.
There's not a lot of difference between the three sizes but a couple of inches smaller or larger may suit your needs better.
Navy is classic and hard to tire of and I seem to be using it in everything I sew lately. Blue has been my favorite colour since forever and the warmth of that navy just makes me happy. I use it a lot in my home decor and its works so well with that lovely coral and blue/grey fabric.
These fabrics are a mix of Charleston and Les Petits from Amy Sinibaldi and I think this palette is a gorgeous, sunny mix. My lamp table looks so pretty and it makes me smile every time I look at it.
I love the octagonal shape of this mini, but if its not your thing, I have also included instructions for squaring up your mini quilt. You can also use these instructions if you plan on using the design as a cushion front or for making multiples for larger quilts.
The PDF pattern includes full step by step instructions and diagrams to help you construct your mini quilt quickly and easily. It also includes a colouring sheet for planning your colours/fabrics prior to sewing and optional instructions for adding a hanging sleeve or corner hangers.
I stippled my Sundial mini quilt, which is quite dense but also perfect for a lamp table quilt. It makes the mini sit perfectly flat so my lamp and other bits and pieces sit even and safe. That's my personal preference for table mats etc., but I'm sure you have your own ways of finishing smaller projects like this.
If you would like to make your own version of Sundial, from today until the end of November 2017, PDF patterns will be available at the introductory price of $4.95 (AU) in my Big Cartel shop HERE.
Or if you prefer an instant download, PDF patterns are also available in my Etsy shop HERE.
I also have your free November 2017 calendar:

To download and print your free calendar, just visit HERE.
That's it from me. I'm off to plow my way through this huge list of projects I'm working on at the moment. In the next few weeks I'll have a new free project for you using some lovely new fabrics from Dana Willard, so stay tuned for that one :) Plus a look at some new projects I've finished recently, one of them is the Christmas present for Maddi and Michael I mentioned before ♥ I need to find some time to take some nice photos and this weather means I can photograph this blanket in the great outdoors :)
So until then.....Happy sewing :)

1 comment

  1. Rose, what a beautiful quilt. It's hard to believe you are enjoying the beginning of spring when we are heading into winter and the holiday season. When I look at this new pattern I see it in Christmas colors. I may have to give that a try. Thank you for your creativeness and wonderful patterns. Much to my husband's dismay, I hope to eventually own all your mini patterns. They are fabulous! Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊