Week Ending (April 8)


Happy Sunday lovelies :). With all the public holidays its been a short week for us but I found a little  time to browse the net and find some great links to share with you.
So lets get to this weeks list:

  • Firstly, if you don't know Emily Dennis from Quilty Love then you need to go and follow her. I love her energy and her genuine perspectives on quilting and I'm sure you will as well. She just announced on Instagram stories that she is releasing a book and you can pre-order a copy HERE. She designs beautiful modern quilts and I'm sure her book will be gorgeous. She's super fun to follow too, so..... go do it :)
  • I'm looking forward to trying these Vegie Loaded Pumpkin and Cheese Muffins. I like a savory muffin for lunch with a cup of soup and these look amazing. You can find the recipe HERE.
  • If you worry about safety eyes in amigurumi crochet for your little ones or just don't have the size you need, then Stephanie from Grace and Yarn has a wonderful tutorial for an alternative. I love the look of these crocheted eyes and you can find the tutorial HERE.
  • One of the many features I love about my new sewing machine is the laser. Its a real time saver when sewing HST's or quick corners and there's no need for me to mark sewing lines ever again :) Laura from Slice of Pi Quilts has a DIY tutorial for adding a laser to any machine HERE. Its something you will use a lot and well worth looking into :)
  • A lady in one of my crochet groups shared her gorgeous blue and white version of a 2015 CAL called "Around the Bases". I was intrigued and found the links to the full afghan HERE. Its a crochet stitch sampler that allows you to turn your favorite block into a blanket. Go check it out :)
  • Bonnie and Camille are releasing a gorgeous pattern box to showcase their new line Smitten. Not only are they a great way to store patterns but how cute would they look on a shelf in your sewing room? You can pre-order them HERE.
  • And lastly, I don't know about you but I'm terribly fussy when it comes to finding an iron I like. Once I do, I do not want to replace it....ever! (or at the very least I must have an identical one). Mine had been spluttering and leaving marks on my fabrics but I found a great tutorial HERE for cleaning your iron inside and out and I'm happy to report my iron is now clean and good as new (phew!) 
And that's it for another week. I hope you found some of these links useful. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I hope its been a creative one :)
Happy Week Ending :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊