Craft Filled Weekend

We are back from our trip to Hobart and we had a great, relaxing weekend and for me......one filled with craft!!! The Craft Fair was loads of fun and very inspiring......i got to have a good look at some new products and to just stand and watch people sharing their talents.....and of course i had to bring home some goodies:

Some fat quarters were definetley a must.......the bottom cream ones r for my log cabins, the others r just for a "rainy day" lol and i got one of those retractable scissor pins, so ill never lose my scissors.

I just love quilt hangers for my wallhanging quilts, so i brought 3 more for my collection and for the bargain price of $8, i got a whole bag of buttons.......and they r just so great!!!


I found this sign and knew it would look perfect in the new sewing room....and it does. The quilt exhibition was very inspiring (no photos to share unfortunaley as cameras were banned!!!) I moved from quilt to quilt, studying the piecing, the colours and the quilting. Of course the Baltimore quilt was one of my favourites but i was also drawn to this reproduction civil war quilt.....it was just lovely.........i plan to do a bit of research over the coming months!!! Its interesting to listen to other peoples comments as u move around an exhibition.......only another quilter could appreciate the amount of work that goes into making a quilt and why we love what we do!!

On our way back home today, we stopped into the little country towns. One of them was having a market and this town is very small but beautiful and their market was extremley small but tucked away in the corner was a stack of books.......some of them found a new home with me:


Lots of inspiration in the "Quilters Companion", the magazines r full of beautiful patterns and as a bonus there was one on dollhouse furnishings which has some great ideas for my dollhouse (ill share pictures of it one day!!!)

As a whole we had a fantastic weekend, but its always great to come home!!!

Hope ur weekend was great!!!
Rose.

2 comments

  1. Love your photos!!! We should have been shopping together! I would have fought you for that sign... Great Purchases. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound like a great weekend. Love the sign

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊