Goodbye Winter, Hello Spring!!!

It may be offically less than a week till Spring but this weekend has just been glorious!! As much as I would have loved to spend all weekend playing with the "Princess" the weather drew the whole family out and about. How nice was it to venture outside "without a coat!!!" and what pretty delights:

I love the blossom, its a sure sign of brighter, sunnier days and ohhhhhh so pretty!!!

And then the bulbs that appear and brighten the garden after those long winter months. We r over the worst. (Hopefully) time for us will be spent, mostly outdoors:

The bikes came out, as did the basketball and the golf clubs. Morning and afternoon tea (and lunch) were eaten in the patio.......its a great sign of months to come!!!) A trip to the market was just wonderful in all the sunshine.........Spring (my fav season), a wonderland after those long, cold winter months........u just have to bring it indoors as well (well into my studio, to alleviate those Spring allergies):

I welcome the next few weeks and its quite funny.......tonite i started stitching my 4 Seasons Swap......its an Autumn Quilt!!!! lol

Hope u enjoyed ur weekend
Rose xxx

PS.... my 13 year old daughter would LOVE a penpal, do u know anyone interested????

13 comments

  1. oh, spring! We are approaching autumn, but not quickly. Temperatures remain in the high 90s to 100F. I love spring and fall, and spring is so absolutely gorgeous here, I love all the spring blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing spring, sweetie! Here the leaves are turning yellow... I love autumn :o) ...but this year hardly feels like it has been summer with all the rain we have had... Enjoy the warm weather and the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is starting to cool off here from the long summer heat! Funny to read how you went outside without a coat! I am looking forward to wearing my sweaters and jeans again! Today I can actually open my windows and air this place out.
    My dd is only 10 (a mere infant to a 13 year old) but I have a delightful 12 (almost 13) year old neighbor..I could ask if you want me too. She lives in Illinois USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the flowers, but especially the first one, the tree - what is it? We have a tree in the southern US, called Red Bud, that blooms first before others, and it's about that color. Then there are plum trees and cherry trees that are lovely pinks, too. It's the only pink I appreciate. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another one heading for autumn! I love spring too, all those tiny green buds and pretty flowers promising an end to the cold and dark months. I too have a cherry tree, right outside my window.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're approaching autumn too. Ever since I started blogging I'm always amazed at how different the seasons are in the southern hemisphere. Thanks for sharing your signs of spring. In a few weeks I'll share photos of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was wonderful here in Adelaide as well. I am so looking forward to summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes Rose I think spring has sprung. We had 25 degrees here today. Magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just telling DH how I was looking forward to fall and the cooler/wetter weather. Don't you just love the seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to have spring again. These hot days of summer (100+) are getting old. Hopefully fall will be here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Just looking through some blogs and discovered your site. What lovely photos of the spring flowers. I now live in Canada, only for a couple of years, and we are about to go to autumn/fall. So I am looking forward to seeing the wonderful leaf colours, which will inspire me to patchwork more.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm looking so forward to fall. I wish we could have spring and fall -- no summer and winter! Enjoy your spring. Looks like it will be a beautiful one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh - Your winter's seem so short compared to ours... Lucky girl...

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊