For The Teacher

I needed a quick and easy present for my childrens teachers this year. I could have made some more pincushions, but i decided to give Tazzies coasters a try (the pattern is here):

They r so much fun and very quick plus i got to practise some more free motion quilting (which is becoming a favorite). I filled the mugs up with chocolates and candycanes. Cohen gave his to his teacher and the teachers aide today at his class party and they were "greatly received".......his teacher gave me a big hug!!!! Thanx Tazzie for sharing such a wonderful idea, im sure ill be making more of these in the future.

I know there r so many wonderful sites out there that offer great Xmas fun but i just thought id share a couple of our family favorites. U have to try this snowflake, even i have fun with this one. Cohen loves to dress up this snowman and then this site offers hours of fun. Its great for Cohen because u have the choice of reading the stories urself or having them read to u and u have to check out the "disco dancing" Santa, hes just too cute!!!

I received another magazine commission for 2008, which im excited about.....i turn 40 in 2 weeks, and im guessing its going to be a great year for me!!!

6 comments

  1. Wonderful gifts for the teachers. I have not tried making coasters yet, will have to give it a whirl. Congrats on the magazine commission, which magazine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mugs and coasters looks wonderful - great pressies for the teachers :o)

    I'm still happy dancing about your magazine commission *s*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful gifts. As a retired teacher, I can tell you that teachers typically get a lot of things they will never use, and rarely something that took any thought or effort, so I am not surprised it rated a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mug mats and mugs are such a great gift idea. It was so nice of Tazzie to share the pattern.

    I of course had to go off to your links and make myself a snowflake - and a snowman!! No wonder I never get very far into my blogging!!

    Congratulations on the magazine commission!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there Rose hon, congratulations on the magazine commission - what a wonderful achievement.
    I'm so thrilled to see the mug mat pattern in use, and how wonderful that your gift was so much appreciated.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    *hugs*
    Tazzie
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made pretty much the same gifts for Hunter's teachers this year. But I made sets of "Criss-Cross Coasters" Now that I have seen yours I will have to make some of those for myself. I have been reading over your posts and I was wondering how do you make those pincushins??? I love them!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊