Last Gift Wrapped!!


All my Xmas sewing has been finished, with this little quilt for my mum being the last one completed. Two years ago my parents decided to take their first "real" holiday and they left our little island and went to Melbourne. Since then they have been to Sydney and Adelaide (and they have two more trips planned for next year!!!)

Mum has this gorgeous wooden blanket box which she keeps all her holiday memorablia in, so this little quilt is to sit on top of the box. Now the stitchery is quite plain but i have added buttons to the 3 places they have already visited and each time they go somewhere new, ill add another button (hopefully their little map will be covered in buttons before long!!)

I got to do some more free motion quilting with this one (well actually every gift i made this year i either stippled or meandered). I feel much more relaxed now, quilting this way...thnx to the "Princess" for making it so easy!!

I want to wish everyone a very safe and enjoyable Xmas and I hope you have a wonderful time with your families!!!!

20 comments

  1. That little quilt is one incredible gift. Your mum will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful and meaningful gift idea! I hope it is covered in buttons in no time. That's what retirement is for - living out your dreams of fun. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you a Merry christmas and a happy new sewingyear. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea. Your quilting is exceptional. Merry Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your journey quilt is fabulous! Your meadering is really nice and even, I'm envious. (Mine kind of looks like I'm having seizures, lol.)

    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish you a very merry Christmas Rose!! Like your stitchery gift for your mum!! Enjoy the holidays :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Mum's pressie looks great, sweetie! I'm sure she will love it!!!

    Riktig god jul!!! Mange klemmer fra meg
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your gift to your mum is lovely. She'll really enjoy adding buttons to it.

    Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful little quilt. I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rose, What a lovely gift for your parents. I wish you and all your family a wonderful Christmas. I look forward to catching up with you next year. Hugs Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Christmas Rose hon, I hope you've had the very best time.
    *hugs*
    Tazzie
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A little birdie by the name of Anne tells us that it's your birthday today, so.
    Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday dear Rose,
    Happy Birthday to you.
    I hope your day is filled with all those that you love, that it's filled with laughter, love and joy.

    Hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish you a very happy 40th birtday!!!
    Gratulerer med dagen!
    Hilsen Elin fra Norge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday Rose...........hope you have a wonderful day.......

    ReplyDelete
  16. 27.December:
    Happy Birthday Rose !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday Rose,
    Hope you have a wonderfu day celebrating with your family
    hugs
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  18. A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you , Rose!
    Hope you had a wonderful day!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  19. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ROSE !....and many more !

    Hugs & smiles to you,
    NADINE

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊