Sampler Classes

Yesterday was the first class for my Cottage Sampler and it was a fantastic day!! A lovely group of women, lots of sewing, laughing, chatting and compulsory shopping. It was wonderful to watch them create using such a wide array of fabrics:

Kaye chose some gorgeous William Morris fabrics and some of the Moda that i used in the original.
I love the fabrics that Dot chose. The picture doesnt do it justice, they r stunning and we picked some muted greens which r just going to work wonderfully!!

Pat chose some Lecien fabrics, which im just loving at the moment (more on that later!!)

Faye (the only brave one so far to attempt the 6" blocks) chose these Modas, i love this range!!!

And Sally chose Tiddly Winks!!! (Ok we did dare her lol) They actually look great!!! None of us would have picked this but its working really well. Cant wait to see this finished Sal!! A couple of people couldnt make the first class, so im looking forward to meeting them next week.....cant wait till Saturday!!!.
Back to the Lecien fabrics, I chose the fabrics for my next BOM quilt. These r from the Antique Flower Collection Range:

Ok im missing a BLUE (my first choice is always blue) but ill survive lol There is one Moda in there too, it works well. This will be a WISP but im eager to get started straightaway!!

Hope you enjoyed your weekend also!!!

6 comments

  1. Wow, what fun variety of fabric choices! Looks great! Sally's will be a bit of an eye catcher *lol*, not my cup 'a tea, but will be cool :o)

    Surprised so many have chosen the large variant of the blocks/quilt! To me 6" blocks are so much easier to get acurate...

    Ok, back to my quilting... *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and I forgot to say - your choice of Lecien fabrics are absoultely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be an incredible feeling to watch something you have created taking shape and coming to life.....not in a Frankenstein kinda way,lol. More like watching your babies grow up.
    I love the lecien fabrics too. Very "me"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love everyone's fabric selections. I can't wait to see how they all turn out.
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your class was so successful. I really like Sally's fabrics. Registered for Summer Garden with Creative Women today - can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had a wonderful class. I really love those Lecien fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊