Friendship Day

Today Sally and I travelled to Devonport to attend a Friendship Day and despite the weather, the attendance was great:

There wasnt a seat left when everyone arrived. Everyone was eager to work on their projects and some of them were just amazing:

And show and tell was fantastic!!! So many lovely quilts, so much inspiration (and regretably I forgot to get permission to use some of my photos of my personal favorites.....so i better not show them here!!) especially the quilt made by an 18 year old boy for his girlfriend....amazing!!

This was our little cosy corner of the room:

It was so wonderful to meet so many of the ladies and its amazing how much you can learn just from watching others work. So many time saving tips that make some of the tedious jobs, far more efficient......like holding down binding with hair clips....simple yet effective!!!!

I just love these, we all got them:

Our own handcrafted nametag and a little scissor hanger thingy (ok you know what i mean , im tired lol)

5 comments

  1. looks like a great day.....nice presents......your display looks lovely.......wonderful when sewers get together..........attending my first gathering next Sat..............Girls Day in the Country......Nundle

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are called inchies and they are all the rage at the moment. My craft group just did a swap with them but they aren't my cup of tea. Too tedious for me....lol

    A Jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, looks like you had a great time! What a pretty display...I'd love to rummage through that bin of fat quarters I see there! Lol*

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to spend a Staurday!! Looks like there was a lot going on. Love the story of the 18 year old who made a quilt for his girlfriend!! That's cute!!

    Enjoy your week Rose :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it was a wonderful day. It's a good tired, right?

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊