Dandelions and Daisies

The kids are back at school and the break has been wonderful but its time to get back to work. I get asked all the time, what can be made from a Jelly Roll. I love them, so my challenge was to see how many projects I could make using one Jelly Roll, a metre of cordinating fabric and some scraps from my stash.
My Jelly Roll of choice was Dandelion Girl from Fig Tree Quilts. Firstly some things for me, so I played around with the fabric buckets:

I love these, they brighten up the studio and they are great for packing my sewing supplies into ready for class. They sit right near my machine and everything is on hand easily. The little pin cushion was also desperatley needed for my ironing space....no more sticking pins into the ironing board!!
Of course there are some new Threadbare patterns. The first is this Daisy Chain cushion:

This reminds my of those warm summer days in high school, when the girls would sit around and discuss the important things in life (like make-up and boys lol) and make Daisy Chains.
I also have a table runner which just needs binding and a sewing bag that needs lining (more pics next post) and I still have around 10-12 strips left and a small amount of the meterage.....best get back to it!!

16 comments

  1. Those buckets are fun aren't they. So versatile. Enjoy you day
    A Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those buckets and the pillow? fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Dandelion Girl and your basket, bag, and pin cushion are adorable...What ever happend to those warm summer days and discussions of makeup and boys??? Ah the good ol' days;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! Making some items for you is the perfect way to use those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the projects you made! Lovely and handy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't even know what a Jelly Roll is :-D but everything you've made here is adorable. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you have been busy Rose, very pretty fabric range and cute creations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rose, you have made some lovely things from your Jelly Roll.Are they very versatile. I am going on a bus trip soon.Do you think it would be worth buying one?Regards Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really have made this JR go a long way! The cushion is gorgeous! Hmmm... I have a charm pack in this range... getting some ideas here *lol* And I love the new additions to your studio!!! Way to go, you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rose
    - it's been a while....

    I see that you are creative as ever :o)

    I've become a student again, that takes a lot of time :o) but is fun and I love it!!

    Hope all is well :o) Enjoy the weekend!!

    Yvonne

    Ps. I have added you to my blog roll :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you have made a lot already with that Jelly Roll.I could picture exactly those girls and that daisy chain...great cushion pattern! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow everything is so lovely! Nice work and great idea:)
    hugz:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are all so cute!! I have a bunch of fat quarters of the Dandelion Girl fabric - it is such pretty fabric. Love the pincushion with the daisies.

    Beautiful as always :)))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are just the cutest things - I love the pincushion, bucket, all of it! The fabric is so very cheerful too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your little buckets and pincushion! They are darling!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊