Chatelaine- Free BOW Sampler Quilt Block 2

Thanks so much for participating in my BOW Sampler Quilt. The patterns will remain on my blog indefinitely, so if you fall behind or start late, you can complete Chatelaine at your own pace :)  I'm sure we will have lots of fun and I'm looking forward to seeing these quilts come together. There's already some gorgeous blocks on the Instagram hashtag (#chatelainebow) so make sure you check them out and upload your blocks as well. Ok, are you ready for Block 2?

This is just one of the many variations of the classic block, Road to Oklahoma. The basic design for this block was included in the "Ladies Art Company Catalogue" in the late nineteenth century and its one of my favorites. Again we are using cute little 4 Patches and some HST's to piece this quick and easy block. Hope you enjoy sewing this weeks block :)
To download and print the free pattern, just visit HERE.

Fabric Choices:

Sampler quilts, not only help to you improve or learn new techniques but they give you to opportunity to play with different fabrics and colour placements.  You can change the whole effect of a block by altering the fabric placement, as we saw in Block One with the reversal of the light and dark fabrics.
Use my patterns as a guide and don't be afraid to play around with colour placement or introduce colours that are out of your comfort zone. Every block is its own masterpiece, so make sure that each one truly shines :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊