Poinsettia

According to 16th century legend, Pepita, a young Mexican girl, too poor to provide a gift for the celebration of Jesus' birthday, was encouraged by an angel to gather weeds from the roadside and place them in front of the church altar. The weeds began to sprout crimson blossoms and transformed into gorgeous Poinsettia flowers.
Poinsettias are synonymous with Christmas and are popular decorations worldwide. Their star shaped flowers represent the Christmas Star and they symbolise good cheer and success and are said to bring wishes of mirth and celebration. They were also the inspiration for my newest mini quilt design, Poinsettia:
I love the deep, rich traditional colours on this one. I have incorporated the Christmas Star within the flower and I love how it turned out. This mini measures approx. 16" square and works well as a wall hanging but it could also be used as a table topper, or you could use it as a cushion front.
No need to worry about set in seams, its all pieced using HST's and flying geese units so it's quick and easy to construct and the saw tooth border finishes it off simply yet effectively.
Poinsettia is available, in my shop HERE, as a PDF pattern for the special Christmas price of $2.95 (AUS). Once purchase has been made, I will email (ASAP) your file so please allow for time differences etc.
As a little bonus, I have also designed some Christmas gift tags and you will find these at the end of your pattern file, ready to print:
Just something to add a little fun to your Christmas presents this year :)
I hope you love Poinsettia, it has been a fun mini quilt to design and sew and it will be a welcome addition to our Christmas decorating this year :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊