Chatelaine- Free BOW Sampler Quilt Block 3


This weeks sampler block, Whirligig is an adapted version of the classic pinwheel block and its the first block in this quilt to include a template (and a couple of alternatives if you chose not to use the template). It's still a quick and easy block to piece and I want to test how the templates I am making are printing out for you, so we don't encounter problems with future blocks.

When printing, please ensure your printer resize settings are set to "none" or "actual size" in the page scaling panel to ensure accuracy of printing. I have included measurements with the template to check sizing and if there are any problems, please email me :)

There are many variations of the pinwheel block and this is one of my favorites. This is a double pinwheel which has a secondary pinwheel pattern, in addition to the main pinwheel. It's simple yet very effective. I love using pinwheels and as we progress with this sampler, they will be featured in other blocks :)
To download your free pattern just visit HERE.
If you have missed any blocks, the links are available on the "Free Chatelaine BOW Sampler Quilt" Tab below my blog header.

Templates and Alternatives:

Don't let templates deter you; they can be great fun to work with. My goal is to make each block achievable for everyone, so where possible if there is an alternative option to piecing a block, I will include details at the end of the pattern. For this particular block, I have given you instructions for a pieced option for the template plus another super quick, what I like to call, "cheat's option" which you could also try. Either option will still achieve the same lovely block. I've also included instructions for making your own templates and how to use them.
Have fun :)

2 comments

  1. Block 3 is beautiful I like how it swirls together. I am doing Splendid Sampler and just discovered your blocks are the same size and will be using your blocks when I don;t want to do the block they have up to sew. I like pieced blocks not paper pieced which some of the ones they have. and some are difficult Thanks for sharing your blocks, will tell my friends.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊