Chatelaine- Free BOW Sampler Quilt Block 4


This weeks sampler block is the gorgeous Cats and Mice block. I love the secondary pattern of the star which appears in the centre of this block. If you altered your colour placement, by swapping out the pink in the hourglass blocks for some more white, it would really make the star "pop" but I love this combination; makes it subtle.
You will be working with smaller pieces this time and the overall effect is lovely. This block will be a great addition to the sampler blocks you have made so far :)
To download and print this weeks free block pattern, just visit HERE.

Don't Be Afraid of the 1/8"

We are all familiar with the 1/4", 1/2" and 3/4" markings on our rulers but those pesky little 1/8", 3/8", 5/8 and 7/8" markings can be daunting and some people opt to not try a block or a pattern because of them. In this weeks pattern, I've included a little diagram for you to print and keep near your cutting table, as a reference for finding these little markings on your ruler.
Love them or hate them, if you use them often enough they will become "second nature" and you will no longer fear the pesky 1/8" :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊