February's Fun Free Projects

I had a lot of fun working on this months free projects. It's a great way to spend a few hours in the studio, sewing just for me. First up is the February block for the Snapshots quilt, being run by the Fat Quarter Shop:
This month is a sewing machine and it represents women handing down their sewing skills to the younger generations. My mother was a dress maker and my great grandmother's spent hours behind a treadle, so I was a lost cause really but sadly my daughter has no interest. Maybe my (in the way way distant) future daughter in law will or my grandchildren.......cross fingers.
I raided my Bonnie and Camille stash for this one again. They are such lovely fabrics and I really want to use every scrap I have in one project or another.
And my second monthly project is this little cutie from Anne of Bunny Hill Designs:
The February Snow Happy Heart. These are just adorable and I cant wait to have them all together as a Christmas garland, this year.
If you missed last months freebies and want to join in, the links are on this blog post HERE.
Happy sewing :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊