Woolly Winter Warmers

The successful progress of my Sophie blanket, has given my the confidence to explore some other crocheting patterns, which are both practical and wearable during these cold winter months. I have made scarves and mittens in the past, so I scoured Pinterest for some new inspiration:
I found this lovely slouch hat pattern and decided it would be a perfect place to start. It's a quick and easy pattern which can be completed within a few hours and the wool I chose, holds its shape perfectly. It is such a warm and snugly hat and will protect against those cold winter elements.
It fits perfectly too, which means my wool ply/hook size was correct, which is always great. We generally don't wear winter hats but when they are this pretty, I can see I will be making a few more of these for Maddi and myself :)
The free pattern can be found HERE, if you are interested.
The second project I found is this gorgeous "Sidewalks Shawl" by Debbie Stoller. I love the cosy look of this shawl and the pattern is just so pretty and very easy to follow. So far I have finished the first pattern repeat and I'm in love.
I chose some beautiful soft Heartland wool for this one and I'm hoping it will drape well as it grows into a shawl.
The free pattern for this one can be found HERE.
Both patterns are lovely and its great to be creating some wearable projects to keep us toasty and warm this winter :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊