Chatelaine- Free BOW Sampler Quilt Block 39

This weeks lovely block is Snail's Trail. This block is also referred to as "Indiana Puzzle", "Monkey Wrench" and "Journey to California". Its an easy block to piece and it makes a beautiful quilt when used as an all over pattern, set with some alternate plain squares.
I chose a different colour for each of the trails and I love the effect. With this colour placement, you will have spare triangles once your pieces are cut. You could make two blocks and have a spare block for another project or you could choose only two colours, and alternate the trails:
Choose whichever option works best for you; I think they are both lovely.
The only advice I have for you when piecing this block, is to play close attention to the pattern diagram as you sew, to ensure your colours are sewn in the correct position. Trust me, it saves a lot of time and a lot of unpicking!
I hope you love sewing this lovely block :)
To download this weeks free block, just visit HERE.
Happy sewing :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊