Chatelaine- Free BOW Sampler Quilt Block 46

This weeks super sweet block is Old Windmill. This is a very easy block to piece and of course its the pinwheels that make me love this one so much; you can never have enough pinwheels :)
In American history, during the early 1900's windmills pumped water for the livestock and the homesteads. They were vital to the survival of all who lived on the properties, so there a quite a few blocks inspired by the humble windmill and I love how the women included them in their quilts.
I hope you enjoy sewing this block. It may be simple but its very pretty and will look quite lovely in our sampler quilts.
To download this weeks free pattern, just visit HERE.

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊