Chatelaine- Free BOW Sampler Quilt Block 64

This weeks pretty little block is Straw Flowers. Straw flowers, also known as paper daisies or everlasting daisies, are native to Australia and are considered wildflowers. They are also grown in the cottage gardens of other countries, purely because of their beautiful blooms. They contain less moisture than other flowers, so they are perfect for dry arrangements and they feel quite papery or straw-like, to touch.
Flowers are strongly represented in quilt history and I think they look just as pretty in the quilts as they do flowering in the gardens.
To download and print this weeks free pattern, just visit HERE.
I hope you enjoy sewing this weeks block. There's no tricky bits, just lots of HST's and a few squares and rectangles.
Happy sewing :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊