Fleur Mini Quilt +Your Free March Calendar

"Flowers are the sweetest thing God ever made and forgot to put a soul in"
 - Henry Ward Beecher
I love to decorate the house with flowers; they are like essential nutrients for the soul. I generally pick flowers from the garden to fill my vases but I also like to grab a nice big bunch from the market when we shop for vegetables. I also like to use floral designs in my quilts and my new mini quilt, includes one very pretty flower. So, without further ado, here's my March Mini Quilt, Fleur:
I chose a soft, muted palette for Fleur. These fabrics have been in my stash for quite some time and I decided this was the perfect project to showcase them. They give the quilt a beautiful soft and dreamy feel. I can also imagine this mini looking absolutely gorgeous, in some bright, bold colours or pretty florals. There is a colouring sheet included in the pattern to assist in your colour/fabric seletion and from the feedback I've received from customers, these sheets have been very beneficial :)
The main block is paper pieced and its very quick and easy to construct. Its finished off with a simple needleturn applique centre or if you prefer, you could use a large button, which would add another dimension. I love the shape of this flower and it has a more native wildflower look to it, rather than a blossoming cottage flower.
The Fleur block is encased in a sweet flying geese border, which I think resembles bunting that is softly blowing in the breeze. It does bring a lovely sense of movement to this mini, without overpowering or crowding the centre block.
The cornerstones are my favorite little pinwheels and they are small and a bit fiddly (2") but they finish the border quite nicely. There's also a lot of negative space to showcase some lovely quilting and I chose to stipple my mini, which added quite a lot of gorgeous texture.
If you would like to make your own Fleur mini quilt, from today until the end of March, PDF patterns will be available at the discounted and introductory price of $4.95 (AU), in my Big Cartel shop HERE.
Or if you prefer an instant download, they are also available in my Etsy shop, HERE.
And lastly, I've also got your free March 2016 calendar, featuring the lovely Fleur:
To download and print your free March calendar, just visit HERE.
I hope March is a wonderful, carefree and happy month for you and your family :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊