Crochet Update

I'm way overdue posting a crochet update but I do have a couple of finished projects to share. My crochet time has been limited lately with hours spent at the sewing machine working on big projects I can't share for awhile.
First up, my Fran blanket:
I finished this blanket weeks ago and as our nights have been cold, its been well used and loved. It lives on one of our armchairs and its a great size to grab and snuggle under. I actually find these crochet blankets harder to photograph than quilts, so I grabbed a shot of how I find it abandoned in the armchair and it does look warm and inviting..
The design is sweet and simple and in the end I was quite pleased with how it turned out. The yarn is so beautiful to work with (Bendigo Woolen Mills 8ply Cotton) and there's no splitting or twisting as you work; its my yarn of choice lately and I recommend trying it if you haven't already.
All the details for the Fran Blanket can be found HERE.
And lastly, a very dear friend of mine is becoming a grandmother in October and we are all super excited. I am starting to put together a parcel for her new little grandson and I had to crochet one of these:
Meet Jax the Jellyfish. I saw this pattern everywhere on Facebook and Instagram and knew he would be perfect to hang in the nursery. He has such a happy little face and I'm hoping the new mum to be will love him. I think at some stage I'm going to have to make one for myself because he's going to be hard to part with. Regardless, I'm hoping this will earn me some cuddle time with the new little man :)
The pattern is from One Dog Woof and if you want to make one too, you can find the free pattern HERE.
I'm still working on my Mandala but progress is slow and most nights my concentration levels are as well. I've also started a straight edge chevron blanket for Maddi (pattern can be found HERE), in two shades of purple but that is a super long term project and I'll share that later when its finished; sometime this century I hope :)
Back to the hook :)

3 comments

  1. Oh Wow Rose, the blanket is lovely and so very inviting. I love the little octopus, thanks for sharing both these. Take care, Guida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blanket. The color and design are both very inviting. The jellyfish is as cute as anything! What a great gift! I'm glad you've had some time for this relaxing hobby, too. Look forward to seeing the QAL progress when you post it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blanket, and such a calm colour.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊