Lets Call Her Pam ;)

On Monday morning I was scrolling through Instagram and a new crochet pattern stopped me in my tracks. After the routine housework was done, I aborted all my other plans and set about making my own Pamela Mandala using the free pattern from Mandy at Crochet Redagape:
Isn't it beautiful? I love all of Mandy's patterns and her colour combinations are always stunning. I raided my yarn stash of Patons 8ply cotton blend yarn and I tried to match my colours to the ones in her tutorial. I love how it turned out; its so bright and spring inspired and since we are in the last month of winter, it helps to lift those dreary winter blues.
As with all of Mandy's patterns, the mandala crochets up quickly and easily and she includes step by step photos to help along the way. I find they help with colour changes and placement of colours in her projects, especially when substituting one colour with something similar.
It took me most of the afternoon and a few hours after dinner to complete (ends weaved in as well) so you can make this mandala without sacrificing valuable time on more labour intensive projects. And seriously, who doesn't love a quick finish?
Don't you just love those scissors?? I'll tell you more about them in an upcoming blog post. They are super sweet and they just arrived on Monday too :)
Mandy is an Australian crochet designer and her use of colour is amazing. She's currently working on a book and I can't wait for it to hit the book stands. From the little sneak peeks she's been sharing its going to be amazing and colourful and you're going to want a copy of your own.
The projects I've seen so far are in her trademark style of super pretty and stunningly colourful and I want to make them all :)

If you haven't seen Mandy's blog before, then go visit her HERE and check out all of her patterns including the Pamela Mandala and also these adorable Flower Power Coasters:
I needed some new grey coasters for our lounge lamp table and these are my "go to" pattern. I've made heaps of these in different colour ways to use around the house and I swap them around depending on my mood. Trust me these are a super quick make, I can crochet one while I wait in the car for 30 minutes at school pick up. I love that, it makes you feel like you have achieved something in a time wasting situation :)
I hope you enjoy your visit to Mandy's blog.
Happy crocheting :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊