White Christmas

I thought I'd kick start my Christmas blog posts with a simple and yummy version of the no bake slice White Christmas.


When I was a kid, Mum made one with copha and instant milk powder but I just do not like copha. It leaves an unpleasant after taste in my mouth, similar to the grease in fried food. This recipe uses yummy white chocolate blended with a little coconut oil, giving it a smooth and silky texture and an extra burst of that gorgeous coconut flavour.


My version is made with puffed rice, glace cherries, macadamia nuts, shredded coconut and Turkish Delight. I love the rose flavour of Turkish Delight and it shines brightly in this recipe but if you're not a fan then add some mixed dried fruits instead.
You can also use Rice Bubbles instead of the puffed rice if you want. I pick up most of my ingredients from the health food shop and its fun to play around with different flavours and textures.


This no bake slice is quick and easy to make and its a great recipe to get the kids helping in the kitchen at Christmas. Apart from melting the chocolate and coconut oil, its just a lot of cutting and stirring. There's no need to be fancy, just roughly chop everything up and keep it rustic. I think the hardest part for me is to not eat all the Turkish Delight before it hits the bowl :)
I much prefer this version to the one mum used to make. The flavours work so well together and you don't have to deal with that copha taste.


You can cut your slice into bite size pieces and serve them with coffee or you can wrap them up in cellophane bags and give them to friends and neighbours as gifts. I like to pop a cookie cutter into the bottom of my bags as an extra gift, and this year I found some pretty snowflake ones which were perfect.
If you would like to make your own White Christmas you can download the recipe by clicking the link or right click on the image below and save to your computer for later:



I have a few other recipes to share with you in the coming weeks but for now I hope you enjoy this version of a classic recipe. It's nice to change things up a bit and enjoy some different flavours and ingredients.


Happy baking :)

3 comments

  1. That looks delicious, Rose! It reminds me of a cooked candy my mother used to make - something white with candied fruit in it. I'm going to ask my older brother if he knows what it was called and try to find a recipe. Thanks for the remembering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you this lovely recipe. Guida

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this recipe - it looks delicious (and easy) and I think I may just have to give it a try :-)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊