{Free Pattern} Crusader's Heart- Free Valentines Day Mini Quilt Pattern

There's hearts all over the internet at the moment and can you feel all that love in the air? ♥ Valentine's Day is fast approaching and for all the romantics out there (me), its the day for true love.
I have a new free pattern for you today and this mini takes you back to a time of pure bravery, of selfless sacrifice; a time where fearless Crusader's fought for what they believed in and for the love of the people they held dear. A deep love of family, a true love of country and an insatiable desire to protect those they held close to their hearts.
OK, so I may have read a few too many historical fictions in my time but I'm a sucker for the dramatic profession of love you find in the pages of a good old romance novel ♥
Crusader's Heart is a quick and easy pieced pattern and I think your going to love sewing this little quilt. Its simple, basic piecing with a few quick corners so it all goes together nice and easy. Its a great afternoon project and you have plenty of time to sew your own mini before Valentine's Day.
I raided my scrap bins for this one and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. I wanted a soft colour palette to make that gorgeous red heart pop and I chose the grey polka dot to tie in with my home decor because I'm using mine on our lamp table.
Just a quick note regarding the pattern. I drafted the design so that the red heart is in sections and it can either be sewn in one fabric as I have done or you can make it scrappier and use two or three fabrics if you want, the choice is yours.
This was actually the first full project I made on my new machine and it was when we were first getting acquainted and I was a little timid but it all went together almost perfectly.
I quilted it with a serpentine stitch and I really like this quilting. I gave up trying to make all of my waves start at the same point so there's a few random ones but I didn't stress about it and if I don't look at it too closely, I'm happy :)
I picked a grey and white striped fabric for the bindings and its a soft finish to this quilt. I always lean to the darkest colour in a quilts palette when choosing a binding, but I mixed it up this time and tried something different :) I think I like it. What do you think? Yes or No?
I'd love for you to make your own version of my Crusader's Heart mini quilt, so just go HERE to download and print your free pattern. It includes full step by step instructions and diagrams, a colouring sheet to plan your fabrics/colours plus optional instructions for adding a hanging sleeve or corner hangers. And I may or may not have scattered a few little love quotes throughout the pattern as well :)........told ya I'm a romantic :)
Enjoy ♥ and don't forget to tag me in any photos you post of this mini. I loooooove seeing your work!
Happy sewing, lovers ♥

2 comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊