Cosmos Mini Quilt + Your Free March 2018 Calendar

We're in the last days of summer and as I mentioned before I'm more of a Autumn/Spring kinda gal and this summer has been uncomfortably hot. Its time for the weather to cool and the leaves to change to the gorgeous shades of autumn and its also time for my new Monthly Mini Quilt.
This month I have a little stunner for you; introducing Cosmos to my pattern family:
Cosmos is a quick and easy paper pieced mini quilt and its super fun to sew. Cosmos is a greek word meaning both "order" and "world". The Greeks believed the world was perfectly harmonious and placed in order impeccably. The symmetry of this mini quilt feels incredibly ordered even with its quirky twists.
This was another great stash busting project for me and I grabbed some gorgeous Bonnie and Camille fabrics and teamed them with a lovely navy and white polka dot. I let the red dominate this colour palette and as it grew, I loved it more and more. I'm not the biggest fan of red but it works so well in this quilt and I did tone it down using the two shades of red.
Due to the sizing of the units, this quilt is fully paper pieced. I didn't want you cutting pieces for the nine patches to the 1/16th so FPP was the easiest and most accurate option.
There's also no need to worry about set in seams or Y seams either.  I've included a neat little piecing trick in the instructions to sew these corner squares without any fuss or fiddling. Its quick, its accurate and its a perfect result every time.
I quilted my mini with that gorgeous serpentine stitch again, mainly because its fun to do but also because I really wanted to figure the trick for getting all those curves symmetrical. I still didn't get it right :( Oh well, maybe I will next time or maybe I should just stop stressing over it :)
Cosmos is a great little quilt for playing around with different colour/fabric combinations and because its quick to sew you can make a few :) Its the perfect pattern for the beginner paper piecer as the units are quite large and very easy to construct.
As always the PDF pattern comes complete with full step by step instructions and diagrams, full sized FPP templates, a colouring sheet for colour/fabric combinations and optional instructions for adding a hanging sleeve or corner hangers. Plus I've included some layout options if you'd like to make multiples of this pattern for a full sized quilt and some of them are quite cute.
If you would like to make your own Cosmos mini quilt, from today until the end of March 2018, PDF patterns are available at the introductory price of $4.95 (AU) in my Big Cartel shop, HERE.
Or if you prefer an instant download, PDF patterns are also available in my Etsy shop, HERE.
And I also have your free March 2018 calendar featuring the stunning Cosmos:
To download and print your free calendar, just visit HERE.
I hope you love this mini quilt as much as I do. It's been in my design journal for quite some time and finally bringing it to life with some pretty fabrics was so much fun. Its a gorgeous addition to my mini quilt family and I love it ♥
Happy sewing :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊