This weeks Week Ending list has a bit of an Easter flavor so lets get straight to it:
- Over on the Sew 4 Home blog I found these super cute Deep Dish Candy/Gift Baskets. They are super cute and the instructions include two sizes so you can pick which one suits you best, or make them both. They would be perfect as Easter gifts baskets and I'll definitely be giving these a try. You can find the tutorial HERE.
- We love Hot Cross Buns and there are so many varieties to choose from but this year I thought I'd make my own. Nothing tastes better than homemade and with all the flavors available, I prefer the traditional buns so I'll be using this recipe from Taste HERE.
- Remember my Malia cowl? Well there's a new crochet along that started yesterday for a Malia Shoulder Bag :) I looooove this and I'm eager to start (must finish a few other crochet projects first). You can find all the details HERE.
- I hope to share a few Easter table decorating ideas over the coming weeks and I found these Charming Egg Pockets. A little sewing, some simple applique and then you'll have some cute pockets for cutlery or Easter goodies. You can find the free pattern HERE and use it as is or add your own touches to match your table decor.
- I've started a new crocheted blanket (pictured). I wanted to give cables a try and I found some gorgeous denim wool at Spotlight which was super soft and begging to be crocheted :) It's a 100% acrylic wool, which is usually coarse and not pleasant to work with but this yarn is squishy, soft and crochets beautifully. I chose the Alluring Fisherman Afghan and you can download the free pattern HERE.
- Carrot, almond and orange, a delicious combination and I really want to try this recipe HERE. This cake is made in the food processor and looks and sounds delicious. Its a definite must bake :)
- Lastly, I may have mentioned once (or a hundred times) that blue is my favorite colour and I generally choose a fabric range based on if I like the blue. How awesome was it for me to find a new fabric range from Laundry Basket Quilts coming out in June called Something Blue. These fabrics are stunning. Head over HERE to see for yourself.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I hope you have a fantastic week ahead :)
Happy week ending :)